To purchase access to this event: Make checks payable to the Ogle/Ogles Family Association and mail them to convention coordinator.
More information will be published, so stay tuned for updates. We have a “Great Salt Lake” convention planned and hope to see you there.
Make your reservation before 10 August 2018 to insure you have a room and get the special convention rate. Our rooms will be released to the public after 10 August 2018. We have a limited number available and the hotel is filling quickly.
- Rooms can be reserved for anytime between 10 – 15 September at a rate of $115/night, $8.00 parking fee/night with in & out privileges.
- Reservation cancellation must be made at least 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid one night’s room charge.
The event offers a treasure trove of opportunities to learn more about our ancestors and research genealogy in general. Classes and seminars will be held at the hotel and the Genealogical Library, where many individuals can help in all of your research … not just the Ogle side.
We suggest that you arrive Tuesday to join the initial meetings on Wednesday morning and then start your research at the Family History Library (FHL), next door to the Hotel.
Election of New Board Members
The most important item on the agenda will be the election of new members
of the Board of Directors. A majority of the present Board Members have
indicated that they are stepping aside. Vice President Charlie Owens will be
the chairperson of the Nomination Committee with Joyce Steinkamp, Laurel
Boures and one other person, not yet recruited.
We are looking for volunteers to perform the duties of:
- Vice President
- Membership Coordinator
- and Editor of the “Ogling for Ogles” newsletter.
We will also discuss other volunteer opportunities like:
- helping to write Obituaries;
- collecting of lineage data;
- and managing the database.
Other subjects to be addressed include:
- updating Association By-Laws;
- a possible increase in dues and other items as needed;
- and the selection of the next Convention site and Convention Coordinator.
- Millions of scanned records from around the world including: Civil/vital births, marriages, and deaths, church records, county and local histories, court records, military records, probate records, passenger arrival lists, naturalization and land records.
- Millions of Family Group Sheets submitted by individuals
- Digital slide scanner for 35mm slides
- Digital photo scanners with automatic document feeders
- High definition book scanners
- Request a Granite Mountain Record Vault Film (takes a few days so preorder)
- 500 guest computers available
- Discovery Center
- Free Wireless Access
- Free access to many Subscription Websites including: Ancestry, My Heritage, Find My Past, Pro Quest Obit, American Ancestors, Newspaper Archive.com, 19th Century Newspapers, Fold3.com, London Times, and much more
We will have several presentations each day including one from the last Ogle Trip to England, DNA in Genealogy Research, Ogles in Texas, Organizing your research, Collecting Oral Histories, and more.
Peggy Higham is the coordinator for the Salt Lake City Convention. Fill out the registration form to purchase convention access and let her know you’ll be there. Registration form submissions are sent directly to her.
Peggy is also collecting check payments for this event. Make them payable to Ogle/Ogles Family Association and mail them to: c/o Peggy Higham PO Box 93, Benton City, WA 99320. You may contact her directly at Tel. 509-588-6279.